Hydrotherapy (also known as Aquatic Physiotherapy) is a form of physiotherapy or therapeutic exercise and/or treatment conducted in warm water under the supervision of a physiotherapist. Hydrotherapy utilizes the properties of water to assist in the treatment of an individual’s condition. The major benefit of hydrotherapy is being able to exercise or treat while the water takes the load off weight bearing joints, relieving pain and improving function, and provides resistance to movements in a more gentle form than other exercise.
- strengthens muscles
- decreased weight bearing forces
- pain relief with the warmth of the water
- increased mobility and facilitates movement
- re-education of functional activities
- stress reduction
- increased cardiovascular fitness
- reduce high blood pressure
- improved psychological well being and motivation
- improves balance and coordination
Maximize Health provides both group sessions and one-on-one sessions at the Macgregor practice. Group sessions are conducted onsite on Tuesday and Friday from 11:30am – 12:30pm in the CBJ health club pool. Individual sessions are available on request. In order to get the greatest benefit from aquatic physiotherapy we require a land based assessment prior to the entering the class.